The Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) was established in July 1976 in response to the recognition of the lack of doctors serving rural communities and lack of specialist in urban centers of Mindanao. Its College of Medicine was thus the first such college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order,leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities.
A consortium, the members of which are the Ateneo de Davao University, Broken shire Memorial Hospital, the Development of Peoples’ Foundation, San Pedro Hospital and San Pedro College,operates the Foundation. It is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a nonstock,non-profit organization and is approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). In addition to the College of Medicine, DMSF operates a College of Dentistry, an Institute of Primary. Health Care (IPHC) and a Center for Education, Research and Development in Health (CERDH).
The school is located on a 2.5 hectare site close to the center of Davao City, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and its politics. There are five universities within the boundaries of the City as well as several schools and colleges. Students are affiliated to the Davao Medical Center, the Davao Doctors Hospitals, San Pedro Hospital and Broken shire Memorial Hospital for their clinical rotations in the third and fourth years of their courses.There are some 125 Faculty members drawn from a wide range of medical specialtieMBBS Admission in Philippiness and the total student population of all four years of tudents is usually around 300.
Its unique geographic location, the peace and order, and political stability of Davao City and Region XI has made DMSF an attractive option of foreign medical students. To date there are some 20 foreign medical students at various years of schooling. The students are affiliated to Davao Medical Center, Davao Doctors’ Hospital, San Pedro Hospital and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital for clinical rotation in the 3rd & 4th year.
• Listed with MCI(Medical Council of India) and WHO(World Health Organization)
• ECFMG and FAIMER recognized
• Ranked No-6 among the top performing schools in Philippines
• Permitted by the government of Philippines to enroll foreign students
• Tropical climatic conditions and similar disease spectrum as in India
• Affiliated hospitals have a total bed strength of over 4000 and offer excellent clinical training and hands on practice
• WHO recognized (World Health Organization), which is the first important thing to be considered when thinking about foreign medical education.
• ECFMG recognized (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates), which will make the candidate eligible to sit for USMLE ( United State Medical Licensing Examination) . Passing the test will make the candidate eligible to practice in US.
• FAIMER recognized (Foundation for Advancement of International Education) ,which will make the candidate eligible to join PhD courses directly after MD
• The University has tie ups with several reputed Universities across the globe.
• English medium of instruction
• The degree is well recognized all over the world, so that the candidate is eligible to work across the globe, including US, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc.
• The University is recognized by the Philippine Government
• The University is permitted by the Philippine Government to enroll foreign students as per EC provisions
• Indian students on successful completion of the medical course and award of MD degree from Davao Medical School Foundation are required to appear for Screening Test / Foreign Medical Graduate Examination by National Board of Examinations for registration with Medical Council of India.
#135, 5th Street (Opp Kalyan Silks)
Coimbatore – 641012