1. POST SECONDARY PROGRAMS SUBSIDIZED AND GUARANTEED BY THE FRENCH GOVERNMENT
The French government subsidizes a very large share of the actual cost of higher education (€14,000 per student per year).
2. QUALITY HIGHER EDUCATION, ADAPTED TO STUDENTS’ NEEDS
France’s system of higher education comprises 3,500 public and private institutions.
3. A SOPHISTICATED RESEARCH ENTERPRISE
France ranks sixth in the world in terms of domestic spending on research and development. 16 of 55 Fields medals have been awarded to French nationals. 41.1% of the doctoral candidates in France are internationals.
4. A WORLD-CLASS ECONOMIC POWER
France has the world’s five-largest economy. Its gross domestic product ranks second in Europe, and the country is Europe’s secondlargest market (IMF, 2014; Eurostat, 2014).
5. AN APPEALING DESTINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
France is the world’s 4th leading country for international students after the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia (UNESCO, 2014)
6. AN ENVIRONMENT FAVORABLE TO INNOVATION AND TO YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS
France is home to more of the world’s top 100 most innovative companies than any other country in Europe (Thomson Reuters 2016). It ranks sixth in the world in number of international patent applications (WIPO, 2013).
7. ADVANCED INDUSTRIES AND INTERNATIONAL CORPORATIONS THAT ARE LEADERS IN THEIR FIELD
France is home to 31 of the world’s 500 largest corporations (Fortune Global 500, 2014)